SD47 schools will limit smoke exposure for staff and students by:
- Allowing students who are sensitive to the smoke to remain indoors during lunch/breaks;
- Closing exterior doors and windows;
- Rescheduling outdoor activities, particularly strenuous activities like PE;
- Closely monitor students with asthma or other breathing conditions.
- Closing doors and windows and utilizing filtered ventilation systems during the health warning.
All schools will continue implementing COVID-19 infection control practices, including maintaining health checks, regular handwashing, remaining in assigned learning groups/cohorts and physical distancing.
SD47 will continue to be in contact with our local medical health officer as this situation evolves. For your information, please see the attached link that is being monitored throughout this situation:
Conditions in Powell River
Please be assured that the health and safety of our staff and students remains our first priority.