What is Operations & Maintenance?
- The Operations, and Maintenance Department is responsible for the buildings, grounds and physical aspects of the school district's building properties, as well as the health and safety of those who work in them. This includes:
- Maintenance Services
- Custodial Services
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Facility Bookings
- Operations and Maintenance and staff consists of one manager and 51 CUPE members including:
- 1 Lead hand: Electrical, Grounds and Heating & Plumbing
- 1 Clerical
- 5 Trades and Grounds Staff
- 12 Custodians
Role and Focus
To provide an excellent learning environment for the students and staff of School District 47 (Powell River) by providing sustainable facilities and services that foster the personal best of our students.
To perform and to provide services utilizing the most cost effective methods while allowing for innovation and use of "best practices".
To develop, implement and manage initiatives to conserve energy and water conservation programs, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
To develop, implement and monitor emergency preparedness preparations.
To utilize computer tools to track and schedule work using a computerized Work order System and to install, maintain & troubleshoot systems.