ACADEMIC RECOGNITION (Principal's List, Honour Roll, Vice Principal's List)
- Recognition will be calculated after the end of Term 1, 2 and 3
- Honour Roll is calculated based on GPA
Continuous reporting classes (eg. online or Workplace Math) – students will need to be on pace with an assigned grade for Honour Roll purposes.The Grade 8 Xplor rotation classes will not be used to calculate the GPA of Gr. 8 student.
- Principal's List is 4.00
- Honour Roll is from 3.25 to 3.99
- Vice Principal's List Students with a GPA below 3.25 but have received work habits of G or E in every class
- GPA scale: A = 4 B = 3 C+ = 2.5 C = 2 C- = 1 F/I = 0
- Calculation is based on adding up the total GPA divided by the number of classes.
Interim and Incompletes count as a 0 for the GPA value.Students must be taking 3 or more Brooks classes to qualify for Honour Roll or Principal's list; if a student is taking an out-of-school or out-of-district course, the mark must be ready and available for GPA calculation at the time of Brooks' term breaks. Contact the office for dates.
Honour Rolls are posted in the school in the display case near our front entrance after publication.
Gr.8-12 YEAR END AWARDS Criteria 2018-2019
Each year to announce the Grade 12 winners of provincial and local scholarships. The recipients receive money to help pay for their post-secondary education. Awards, and Scholarships is available in the Brooks' Counselling Area.