REPORT CARD RECOGNITIONS (Principal's List, Honour Roll, Vice Principal's List)
- Recognitions will be calculated after the end of Term 1, 2 and 3
- Honour Roll is calculated based on GPA
Continuous reporting classes (Ex, Online and A&W Math) – students will need to be on pace with an assigned grade for Honour Roll purposes.The Grade 8 explore rotation classes will not be used to calculate the GPA of Gr. 8 student.Interim and Incompletes count as a 0 for the GPA value.Students must be taking 3 or more Brooks classes to qualify for Honour Roll or Principal's list; if a student is taking an out of district course, the mark must be ready and available for GPA calculation at the time of Brooks' term breaks.Honour Rolls are posted in the school in the display case near our front entrance.
- Principal's List is 4.00
- Honour Roll is from 3.25 to 3.99
- Vice Principal's List Students with a GPA below 3.25 and have received work habits of G or E in every class.
- GPA scale: A = 4 B = 3 C+ = 2.5 C = 2 C- = 1 F/I = 0
- Calculation is based on adding up the total GPA divided by the number of classes.
Gr.8-12 YEAR END AWARDS
Students will self-report their Brooks' Athletics participation and service throughout the 2017-2018 school year. Athletic and service activities MUST be school-based (SD47-related). All activities must be signed off by teacher sponsors and submitted no later than June 1, 2018. These forms are available below and in the Brooks main office.
- Athletics block
- Students who participate on 2 or more Brooks' teams for the duration of the season will be recognized with a Brooks Athletics block OR qualifies and participates in one Provincial Championship (students can count one team per sport – ex. Jr. girl's soccer, and/or called up to Sr. girl's soccer)
- All athletic activities are completely voluntary, represent Brooks, and are non-credited in nature.
- Students will be required to fill out an Athletics Participation log form and then verified by a Teacher Coach or an Athletics director on behalf of a community coach.
- Coaches will ensure that students participated fully on a declared team for the entire season – start to finish – and finished the season in good standing.
- Student self-reporting form:Student Athletics Participation log - 2018.pdf
- Service block
- Students who have demonstrated 30 hours of service throughout the school year will be eligible to receive a Service block.
- Students could perform service in a number of ways and will self-report their service to the school community using this form.
- Students will be asked to have their Service log verified by a teacher-sponsor(s).
- Only Brooks and SD47 volunteer service applies and should occur outside class hours.
- Any for-credit or paid service does NOT apply, such as a Community Service class or Peer-Tutoring.
- Any volunteer work with the following service club existing within the school could qualify: Interact Club, Students for Change, Compassion Club, GSTA Club, Yearbook Club, Student Council, Link crew, District volunteer initiatives (could vary)\
- Any volunteer service to teachers in the aid of music or drama productions (must be non-credited work)
- Service work represents the work that clubs do, rather than weekly meetings.
- Student self-reporting form:Student Service log - 2018.pdf
Students will receive the following Academic recognitions based on Term 1 through 3 Honour Rolls:
- Academic block - winners have maintained a 4.00 GPA (straight A's) in Term 1, 2 and 3. See above for GPA breakdown and details.
- Honour Roll certificate - winners will have made the Honour roll list and/or a combination of Honour Roll and Principal's List in each term (Term 1, 2 and 3) to receive the certificate. See above for GPA breakdown and details.
Each year to announce the Grade 12 winners of provincial and local scholarships. The recipients receive money to help pay for their post-secondary education. Awards, and Scholarships is available in the Brooks' Counselling Area.