BPAC Executive 2021 -2022
President Kate Boyd email@example.com
Secretary Jody Dendewicz firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Michelle Kirk email@example.com
Please contact us if you have any questions or we can help in any way.
Brooks Parent Advisory Council (BPAC) welcomes all parents and guardians of students that attend Brooks Secondary School. This includes Brooks, Brooks Offsite, Dual Credit Courses, and Ahms Tah Ow.
The goals of BPAC are:
- to facilitate communication between the school and parents/guardians
- to advocate for students
- to provide parents with a meaningful way to participate in the education of their children
We concur with the Statement of Belief from the SD#47 School Board:
- We believe that students have the following rights:
o To learn in safe and caring environments
o To have their social, emotional, physical and intellectual needs met
o To have an education that prepares them for the world of the future
o To have experiences that provide multiple pathways to success
We support Brooks Secondary in the school goals:
- to improve the culture of acceptance, tolerance, mindfulness and respect
- to increase student literacy and numeracy
- to increase secondary graduation and transition rates
BPAC meets on the following schedule:
Second Tuesday of the month at 7pm.
Currently, we meet virtually, and the link is available in the weekly Brooks Broadcast or on this page the day of the meeting.
September AGM meeting – elections and brief review of goals
October Financial meeting – first round of decisions on spending requests
November Regular meeting
December No meeting
January Regular meeting
February Financial meeting – second round of decisions on spending requests
March No meeting
April Regular meeting – if necessary final spending of Gaming Grant
May Regular meeting
June Only if needed