Class of 2019 Celebration - Saturday June 8th at the Complex
Criteria: The Class of 2019 Celebrations is designed for all the members of the cohort to get
together and celebrate with their peers. All students who are in the Class of 2019 cohort, who are
currently attending a SD47 program and who are in good standing are eligible to attend this
Grad Celebration. This does not mean that all students who attend will necessarily graduate on
time. Also, every year we have a number of requests from students who have completed the
majority of their schooling in Powell River but who have moved away at the start of their Grade
12 year. These requests will be made to the committee and dealt with on a case to case basis.
There is a $60 fee for students who participate - full details are below.
Saturday, June 8, 2019 at the Hap Parker Arena
Fees: $60 per grad due March 1, 2019 NOW OVERDUE
(includes one ticket for graduate, and four (4) complimentary floor tickets)
- Student Grad Committee meets Friday mornings at 8:00AM in Room E02 and works to plan the event details.
- We will be looking for walking partner information starting April 15th. Students may walk with a:
- Grade 12 student from an SD47 school (Powell River) and has paid their fees*
- Grade 12 student that attended an SD47 school in the past year, is in good standing and has paid their fees*
- ALL GRADE 12s need to be paired before school-selected ushers are paired
- a school-selected usher (current Grade 10 or 11 student volunteer)
- please note, all outstanding fees (including overdue or missing books) are due before walking
- questions can be directed a Mrs. Ellis or Mrs. Kennedy
- Student Behaviour: This is a school event. All school rules apply in terms of the Brooks Code of Conduct and expected appropriate behaviour of a school-aged SD47 student or guest. This includes any students (not just Grads) attending in the audience.
- Grand March Practice - do I really have to attend? Yes! Please wear the footwear you plan on wearing for the event. There will be transportation provided Brooks at 10:15 to take students to the complex for practice, and bring them back once it has concluded. At the end of the practice, grads will need to help with blowing up balloons for the balloon drop. We will practice not only the Grand March, but the order in which grads are presented, as well as the names of the grads.
- Additional tickets will be available for release starting June 1, 2019. You may request additional tickets at the time of paying your grad fees. You will be called to notify when you may come in to pick up your tickets.
Last updated: 2018-09-30 by Jennifer Kennedy