Grad 2020 Magazine First Edition.pdf
Refunds for Grad Fees paid for the June 13th event originally planned at the complex.
Given the pandemic crisis, we are all facing along with the concerns many of you have raised with me through your feedback I have directed our office to refund everyone in full who has prepaid for Grad. We will be refunded the full $60 amount to those that pre-paid their graduation fee for the Grad / Grand March. Please note that this has nothing to do with the Dry Grad. Refund cheques will be printed and signed by Wednesday, June 3, 2020, at 9 am and ready for pick up through our pick up table near our front entrance.
What to expect for Grad so far:
· You need to arrive 10 minutes ahead of your time as that is when you will be marshaled through the gym entrance and towards the Max Theatre.
· While you are crossing the stage the live stream will be capturing every moment along with a few other video captures. We have hired Powell River Film School for all of this including the live-stream; guest speech videos, and putting together the edited movie memory of Graduation 2020 for all of you to watch over and over again.
· Grad Day Photos: After you go across the stage you will be heading to the Great Hall where Edge Photography will be set up to take your Grad Day Photo. The entire class will have their photos and each of you will be receiving a graduate composite by the end of September. This is also the photo that goes on the wall of Graduates downstairs along the lower hall in front of our library. They will provide you with an access code and you can purchase your individual grad day photo directly from them.
· We have a number of other added value items such as the decorations and photo spots, and gifts more announcements to come from our Graduation Committee including our special guest speakers, emcee, readers, and special grad performances.
· I can also now confirm that ahead of grad day there will be Graduate Lawn Signs being delivered to all our wonderful grade 12s (or picked up if you'd rather). More information to follow once our local Staples delivers them to us.
· The livestream websites have been created:
· Live stream links for Grad:
· June 23: https://youtu.be/L5EIC6vCaSM
· June 24: https://youtu.be/aIEwjd04eaM
Last updated: 2020-06-01 by Bill Rounis
below was postponed:
Class of 2020 Celebration - TENTATIVE Saturday June 13th at the Hap Parker Arena
Criteria: The Class of 2020 Celebrations is designed for all the members of the cohort to get
together and celebrate with their peers. All students who are in the Class of 2020 cohort, who are
currently attending a SD47 program and who are in good standing are eligible to attend this
Grad Celebration. This does not mean that all students who attend will necessarily graduate on
time. Also, every year we have a number of requests from students who have completed the
majority of their schooling in Powell River but who have moved away at the start of their Grade
12 year. These requests will be made to the committee and dealt with on a case to case basis, but all students will need to have been enrolled in a SD47 program within the last calendar year.
Fees: TO BE SET SEPTEMBER 2019
(includes one ticket for graduate, and four (4) complimentary floor tickets)
- Student Grad Committee: student committee meeting dates and times will be posted once set.
- We will be looking for walking partner information starting April 15th, 2020. Students may walk with a:
- Grade 12 student from an SD47 school (Powell River) and has paid their fees*
- Grade 12 student that attended an SD47 school in the past year, is in good standing and has paid their fees*
- ALL GRADE 12s need to be paired before school-selected ushers are paired
- a school-selected usher (current Grade 10 or 11 student volunteer)
- please note, all outstanding fees (including overdue or missing books) are due before walking
- questions can be directed a Mrs. Ellis or Mrs. Kennedy
- Student Behaviour: This is a school event. All school rules apply in terms of the Brooks Code of Conduct and expected appropriate behaviour of a school-aged SD47 student or guest. This includes any students (not just Grads) attending in the audience.
- Grand March Practice - do I really have to attend? Yes! Please wear the footwear you plan on wearing for the event. There will be transportation provided Brooks at 10:15 to take students to the complex for practice, and bring them back once it has concluded. At the end of the practice, grads will need to help with blowing up balloons for the balloon drop. We will practice not only the Grand March, but the order in which grads are presented, as well as the names of the grads.
- Additional tickets will be available for release starting June 1, 2019. You may request additional tickets at the time of paying your grad fees. You will be called to notify when you may come in to pick up your tickets.
Last updated: 2019-06-24 by Jennifer Kennedy